What did you learn about thinking like a historian?
I learned that historians must dissect a piece of information, and always use different ways of studying a document or resource. For example, we had to use SCAN, FILTR, and ask questions - to see whether a source is valid and reliable.
What do you like about historical thinking?
I like that you find all the necessary, good information when you think like a historian, because you really work hard to find helpful information, and you also find out if a source is good or not. I also like finding discrepancies, because it makes you realize how some sources can be pretty questionable, but you can only realize that if you actually search for errors.
What do you find challenging about historical thinking?
Something I found challenging about historical thinking is to ask big, important, relevant questions, because I usually don't do that when I'm reading a piece of information.
How have you grown as a historical thinker?
I have grown as a historical thinker, because now I can really examine a source well, and I can tell if it is valid, useful, or has discrepancies. I've sort of learned how to asked relevant question, find new sources within a source, etc.
What's next?
I think I have to work more on finding the necessary information in a piece of text or photo, learn to ask big, relevant questions, and to learn to find good sources that can provide lots of details.
No comments:
Post a Comment