Sunday, 24 May 2015

Digital Expressions: Trimester Reflection

1. What were your initial expectations about taking Digital Expressions? What were you expecting to learn or do? Did you have an opportunity to learn or use those skills this trimester?

My initial expectations about taking Digital Expressions was to learn to make good trailers, movies and stop-motions. I did have an opportunity to learn these skills, except for maybe making movies, but we also did much more like making Youtube intros and headers.

2. Overall, what was your opinion about the iMovie Trailer project? Did you enjoy it or not? Why? 

I really enjoyed making the iMovie Trailer project, because we got to feel free to do it on whatever we wanted, and be creative. Also, it was fun working in a partnering, and watching other students' trailers.

3. Overall, what was your opinion about the stop-motion project? Did you enjoy it or not? Why?

Overall, I loved the stop-motion project, because I had the freedom to choose what I wanted to do, what kind of stop-motion I wanted to do, and I hadn't done a stop-motion before. It was a great experience getting to learn how to make stop-motion, and watching the other stop-motions.

4. What was your biggest lesson or takeaway from the stop-motion project?

My biggest lesson or takeaway from the stop-motion project was to learn to be extremely patient in making it, because it is a really long process. Another takeaway was learning to actually make a stop-motion.

5. What would you change about the stop-motion project for future Digital Expressions students? Why?

I don't think I would change anything about the stop-motion project, but a possible suggestion is to show the children some more student examples in addition to the professional ones, so that we know what our expectations are, and what to aim for.

6. Overall, what was your opinion about the YouTube Intro project? Did you enjoy it or not? Why?

I enjoyed the Youtube Intro project, because there wasn't a certain way we had to do it, and I also learned how to make one on Keynote. Also, I was introduced to the different websites where we would explore different color palettes and icons.

7.What was your biggest lesson or takeaway from the YouTube Intro project?

My biggest lesson and takeaway from the Youtube Intro project learning the different ways you could use Keynote, and learning about the different icon and color palette websites.

8. What would you change about the graphic design unit? Do you think it was a good unit to gain skills in graphic design or is better left for older students?

I wouldn't change anything about the graphic design unit, and yes, I think it was a really good unit to gain skills in graphic design, and six graders should continue doing this.

9. If you could add ANY project to the trimester, what would it be and why?

Something I may add is possibly learning to make more of a short movie instead of a trailer, and maybe let us work in bigger groups for projects like the iMovie Trailers.

10. What did you enjoy most about this trimester? Why?

I think I enjoyed making the stop-motion the most, because it was new to me, and I had lots of fun exploring. I also enjoyed watching other projects made by other students.

11. What did you enjoy least about this trimester? Why?

I can't really tell. I think what I enjoyed least was making the Youtube intros, because I didn't really know what to do, and I didn't really like mine that much.

12. Does this class make you want to take more video classes in the future? Do you plan on it while in middle school?

Yes, this class makes me want to take more video classes in the future, and I am actually taking it next year in seventh grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment